Friday, January 7, 2011

Homemade Liquid Vanilla Coffee Creamer

I was reading one of my favorite blogs last night and there was a question about making liquid coffee creamer.  I love new challenges!  If Coffee-Mate can make this, why can't I?  So I searched for recipes, and finally decided on this one.
Ingredients:
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
But I didn't have a can of sweetened condensed milk, so even better, I will make my own!

For sweetened condensed milk, combine 1/2 cup water with 1 1/3 cup powdered milk.





Heat in the microwave for 1 minute until warm, then add 3/4 cups of sugar.


Then add 1 tsp vanilla.  Cool completely.




After cooling, add 1 1/2 cups of milk.  I used whole milk, but whatever kind of milk you want.


And more vanilla.  Mix really well.  I used a whisk this time, but next time I may use my blender, as I did have little bits of powdered milk floating on top. 


Shake well before using.  This makes about 3 1/2 cups of yummy creamer.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment