Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's been a year!



My new grandbaby Paytan with the monkey hat I crocheted for her!
And what a year 2011 was.  So many things to tell you.  So many new adventures ahead.  I'm back... what shall we do first?

Let's recap 2011:
  • I learned I was going to be a grandma for the first time, and was challenged with accepting that my kids lives may differ from what I dreamed/hoped they would be.  I also learned that's ok.
  • I traveled to Canada - Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver (in January)!  Don't travel to Canada in January unless your boss say you have to.
  • I saw my first live hockey game in Edmonton (Thanks Jeff to taking me and explaining it!).  There was no fighting or blood.  I was dissapointed.
  • I learned they have snow mountains in Edmonton and that radio stations run contests on when they will melt each year.  I guessed NEVER!
  • My oldest daughter graduated from high school, and moved in with her boyfriend in an apartment, in town.
  • My youngest daughter bought more cattle... more on them later.  And she has more calves.
  • My middle daughter won Reserve Grand Champion Steer at the National Dexter show in Oklahoma.  She got a banner and a COOL belt buckle that she wears every day. 
  • We attended more cattle shows all summer.
  • I traveled to Hebron, Kentucky.  ALOT!  For work.
  • I garage sale'd alot... looking for baby stuff.  We found way too much, but we stayed in budget.
  • My middle daughter started her Senior year of high school.  Sad face.
  • My oldest daughter started college.
  • My middle daughter brought home her first boyfriend.  He didn't know about cows - he does now.
  • I became a Grandma for the first time, and it was/is totally amazing!  Many, many stories!
  • I started sewing again.  My first project was a quilt for the baby.
  • My youngest daughter bought the farm's first bull.  His name is Gentry.  There will be stories.
  • I started crocheting again (see exhibit A in the picture above).
  • My youngest daughter brought home a boyfriend.  This officially makes my dining room table too small.  He has cows too, but his are spotted.  And BIG.
  • My middle daughter got her senior pictures taken and ordered graduation announcements. 
  • My oldest daughter got a 4.0 in her first semester of college. 
  • We traveled 6 hours to see family for Christmas with a 3 month old baby... she was perfect.
  • My oldest daughter and her boyfriend moved into a house about 3 minutes from my house.  I like this alot.
  • I started recycling again, so the corner of my kitchen is a mess again.  I contend it is a cheap alarm system to keep burglers out... if we had burglers.  I need a better system (in my spare time).
I think that catches you up.  I have missed this, so welcome to 2012 and my life in Podunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment