Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Sister-in-Law is a BEAST!!

My Sister in Law came into podunk last night so she could run in the 5K Jingle Bell run today in the city.  I personally think this is crazy on two levels. 

  1. From her house in another state to my house is about 350 miles.
  2. She is intentionally going to run 3.1 miles in the 30 degree weather.
But that being said, we love it when she comes to podunk, and will happily go watch her run.  She invited us to run with her, and when we all stopped laughing, we politely declined!!  If I am going to run, it's going to be for a reason, like the cows are out, or a horse just got loose, or the cookies are burning!

Today's race started at 9am, and we got positioned along the race route just in time to see her pass.



She is in the yellow, closest to the camera!  I appreciate the fact that she wears a chartruse yellow jacket.  It makes it so much easier to pick her out and watch her fly past.  Then we got to re-position again.  Not really a spectator sport, watching a 5K.  Alot of watching, waiting and re-positioning all to avoid having to participate.




But as we were re-positioning, the walkers passed by, and these two dogs in their attire were just too cute.  We have no idea who they are, just that the dogs were cute.  Note how the one in the green is matching with it's person!  Not sure how those little legs are going to make it 3.1 miles. 

Then we caught back up with the S.I.L. as she was just about to the finish line.


RUN


SALLY


RUN


She finished 6th in her age group, and 156th overall with a 29 minute 5 second time.  I would still be somewhere about the 2 mile mark having a heart attack while the little dogs in coats passed me, and laughed.

My Sister in Law is a BEAST!  Go Sally!!



No comments:

Post a Comment