Monday, May 7, 2012

Meal Planning Monday in Podunk

Continuing what I started two weeks ago, I will again be participating in Meal Planning Monday, over at "I'm an Organizing Junkie".  You should really go visit her - TONS of menu ideas.


First, let me start by telling you about the recipe from last week that is getting added to the rotation, and the one that I'm probably never going to make again.

The clear winner was Sunday brunch with Bacon, Egg and Cheese Casserole.  I did use my own biscuit recipe, but this one is a winner.  I did not make it the night before, and next time I will as it's a little time consuming, but sooooo worth it!




The one that I will not make again was the Snickers Brownies. You will need to love crazy, ridiculously SWEET things for this recipe. We are a chocolate, caramel loving bunch here, and it was just too sweet (for us).   

This week, we have family coming to town, and DD#2 graduates from high school on Thursday.  Also, I have lots of leftovers in the fridge to use up, as well as one recipe from last week that I didn't make as we had a last minute school function to attend that included dinner. 

Sunday - Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad {P}, Chips & Salsa

Monday - Grilled Burgers, Potato Salad and Brussel Sprouts (cooked on the grill in aluminum foil)

Tuesday - Grilled BBQ Pork Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli

Wednesday - Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta, French bread

Thursday - graduation night - Carry-out Pizza, Chips & Salsa, and graduation cake

Friday - Monterey Chicken  {P}(on the grill in foil instead of oven), Hash Brown Casserole {P}, Mad Hatter Salad

Saturday - Spaghetti & Meatballs, Salad, French Bread

{P} = found it on Pinterest

This is going to be a crazy, busy, fun week in Podunk.  Hope you enjoy what's for dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing some yummy recipes!! I pinned the Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta as well as the Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit breakfast. Notice a bacon theme going on here... hmmm... Hehee!

    Take care!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to My Life in Podunk Dee! Thanks for stopping by. Doesn't bacon make everything better?? haha!

      Delete