Thursday, May 3, 2012

Flexibility

I've mentioned before, that I am not a particularly organized person - I'm a want-to-be organized person.  I am a work in progress, and some days are better than others.  I am very proud that for the last two weeks, I've had a meal plan, and used it!  I have also found the time to do a few things around the house that I've been putting off and gotten in the habit of checking my calendar every night before I go to bed, so I know what the next day will hold. 

That being said, when you have teenagers, some days you just gotta go with the flow. 



This is the note that was next to my computer when I woke up.  DD#3 wrote in sharpie, and DD#2 wrote in pen.  Love notes, as it were.  Do your teenagers leave you love notes?  Apparently they did not know this last night before I went to bed - we are out of calf feed, pig feed and chicken feed and the calf is almost out of milk replacer.  Oh, and I need this skirt fixed before 3:15 today, because there is an FFA banquet tonight. 

There is no mention if I need to make something to take to the FFA banquet - I don't think the parents of seniors bring anything, but we have a sophomore too, so I'm going to guess they will spring that on me around 3pm. 

In any case, between conference calls for my "real" job, I need to run to the feed store and pick up food for the animals and then fix the skirt.  At least the skirt is an easy fix.  I did need to change the menu board to reflect the fact that we are not eating at home tonight.  I love the fact that if I do need to take something, I know exactly what I will make! 


I went to my new menu board and slid the Bourbon chicken down to tomorrow, and took off the Bacon Cheeseburger pasta.  Flexibility.  That's big in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment